#Product Manager - Driver’s Seat Cooperative
Location: Portland, OR or Remote
Driver’s Seat exists to empower gig workers to take back control and increase their pay.
- Gig workers are experiencing [declining pay](https://nationalequityatlas.org/prop22-paystudy), [increased safety risk](https://www.entrepreneur.com/business-news/gig-worker-safety-in-question-after-recent-attacks-on/450870), and [policy stalemates](https://www.npr.org/2023/04/08/1168795035/the-new-york-city-council-is-divided-over-minimum-wage-for-delivery-workers#:~:text=These%20workers%20earn%20an%20average,gas%20and%20waiting%20for%20food.) on [basic pay transparency measures](https://www.greeleytribune.com/2023/05/04/gig-work-transprency-bill-sb23-98-killed-colorado-senate/).
- Both the [culture](https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/09/business/uber-eats-door-dash-delivery-tips.html?searchResultPosition=2) and the technology of gig work are becoming increasingly entrenched, and [spreading to other sectors.](https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/13/magazine/gig-jobs-apps.html)
- Venture capital is fueling a [growing ecosystem of VC-backed apps and services](https://home.coworker.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Little-Tech-Is-Coming-for-Workers.pdf) designed to make the gig work marketplace more efficient for employers without fundamentally changing the basic premise of externalizing all possible costs and risks to workers.
People who do gig work need solutions that both deliver tangible benefits and build the collective agency needed to make long term change.
Driver’s Seat Cooperative’s mobile app and data platform:
- Helps workers maximize their pay while working across multiple gig apps.
- Builds a community of gig workers who are invested in each other’s success.
- Creates a new lever of power by helping workers bring collective data into workforce and transportation policymaking.
For a deeper dive on Driver’s Seat check out our recent [panel with Kaiton Williams from Impact America and Nicole Moore from Rideshare Drivers United at Stanford Social Innovation Review](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmoGLJHTqlXZXl7uCKSzV58Ow1keLyWy/view?usp=sharing).
We’re cooperatively owned by our users, so all the value you build is shared directly among gig workers. As a Product Manager at Driver's Seat, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of gig work and making a real difference in the lives of gig workers.
## Your responsibilities and scope
1. Envision and lead driver product strategy
- Immerse yourself in the gig worker community, gaining deep insights into their needs, aspirations, and pain points.
- Translate these insights into transformative product ideas that enhance gig workers lives, reduce acquisition costs, increase retention, and unlock the full potential of our shared analytics products.
- Craft a compelling long-term vision and positioning for Driver's Seat, ensuring that users remain engaged and connected with our platform.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering, CEO, growth, and data science teams, uniting stakeholders around a common vision and strategy.
2. Drive experimentation and continuous engagement with users
- Develop a robust framework for running experiments, leveraging your strong conceptualization skills to deliver impactful and data-driven insights.
- Utilize tools like Mixpanel to analyze and present experiment results, empowering the team with actionable data and driving evidence-based decision-making
- Forge strong relationships with our users, creating a vibrant and supportive community around our product.
- Implement scalable methods to continuously collect driver input and feedback, ensuring that our products and services truly meet their evolving needs.
- Committed to Driver's Seat's mission of empowering gig workers through technology and community.
- Proven experience in product management, user research, and/or product design, demonstrating a track record of successfully shaping and shipping products on a rapid cycle.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills, enabling you to distill complex qualitative and quantitative inputs into concise and compelling insights.
- Adept at developing low-cost and rapid tests to validate product ideas and iterate quickly based on user feedback.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, inspiring and coordinating cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals.
- Direct experience in the gig work arena, either as a gig worker or gig platform operator
- Experience in building and managing online communities
- Fluent in spoken and/or written Spanish
- Experience building and growing consumer mobile apps
- Based on the West Coast
- SQL skills
- Experience working at an early stage startup - even better if you’re an ex-founder!
## Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range - $120k-$175k/year
- Contract-to-hire opportunities available
- Comprehensive health and retirement benefits
- Generous sick leave and paid time off to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Remote work opportunity, allowing you to work from anywhere while making an impact
## How to Apply:
[Please fill out this form to help us get to know you.](https://forms.gle/6hoGyjWvL38uPQ7R7) We’ll be in touch ASAP after we get it.
Join us at Driver's Seat and be part of a passionate team that is transforming the gig economy. Together, we can empower gig workers and shape the future of work!
Driver’s Seat seeks to build a team that reflects the wide diversity of the gig workforce. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.**